Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm Back!

I spent a good portion of my time today writing in the warehouse. I think this is the first time I have sat down to actually put into words from start to finish what I have in my mind for a novel.
 
 
I find it interesting how I have had this in my head for so long and how it can still change and evolve as I write it. I know most of the major plot events and what my objective is with the story but, at least to me, the world feels like it is going to be more incredible, more real than it was before. I am just writing what comes to mind knowing that I can come back and tweak things later. Its awesome. Its kind of like reading a book I already know the ending to but am not sure how it happens... ha.
 
 
I was thinking about how time passes for a reader today. What may take me a couple hours to write someone may read in a few minutes and yet so much can happen in those few pages. An author can actually use their words to make you feel the long drawn out journey of a character and rush you though a whirlwind of events later on just by how he fills the page!
 
 
I am feeling creative again. Its not a task to sit down and write or to draw. I look forward to it. I look forward to that passage of time.
 
 
Its very liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment