Sunday, November 8, 2009

Last week of fun

We are now entering the last full week of tech school. There will only be 3 days of school this week; Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. During this last week I will be making my final preparations for departure and studying for my final test.

I already began my out processing this past week and should know by Monday when my flight is.

Now I need to figure out what is going home and how I am going to get it there. I haven't picked up much in my time here. Maybe a shirt or two so I just need to use my finely tuned packing skills to get all my clothes and study materials home.

The final Block test is 20 questions and if I miss even one my 98% GPA will drop a point. It seems the race is tight for Distinguished Graduate. There can only be 4 or 5 of us and Top Graduate will probably be taken by a Staff Sergeant who has a 100% GPA. Whatever happens happens. Saying that I graduated with a 98% in my career field is really good on my resume.

I rope out on Saturday the 14th. The White program has been pretty good to me. I have given a lot to the program and have gotten quite a bit back. To tell the truth I am feeling pretty trunky though. All the new faces in the program feel like strangers to me and there are a lot who I feel are wreck less within the program. For better or for worse I will leave the program as it changes and evolves. My last contributions are to finish the new Continuity binders and train my probe.

When I get home Meg and I will take some time to plan what big things are going to happen next and we have a few options available to us.

A friend dropped off a gift set of World of Warcraft with a free months trial. I read some of the game manual. Many people in my career field, including my instructors play it. I'll pack it away and perhaps play it later. One of the major issues with the game is its tendency to be addictive and consume a lot of time.

Another Airman is leaving on the 12th, Thursday, and wants to sell me his WACOM tablet for $100. That would be freakin Awesome! The deal Megan and I came up with is that if I can make $100 dollars then I can spend $100. Sounds pretty good to me. So I have a few quick art projects to get done.

So everything is getting pretty close, running down to the wire, DONE! OVER! FIN!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Chris! You've made it. We're excited for you to come home just in time for the holidays! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete