Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 2: June 24

Hello everyone I, Megan, have taken over the blog and thought I would give you the update. Chris' flight left at 9:50 yesterday so we left the house at 7:45 after the last minute affairs... Like Chris showing me the finance plan he has made for the next two years. It is impressive he can plan that far ahead. hopefully we can both accomplish our goals and be in the position we would like to be in. We listened to Muse on the way to the airport and that made me cry because it was one of the songs on our wedding video.


"I'm far away. This ship has taken me far away. Far away from the memories of the people who care if I live or die.
Star light I will be chasing the star light until the end of my life I don't know if it's worth it anymore.
Hold you in my arms. I just wanted to hold you in my arms. My life, you electrify my life. Let's conspire to reignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive.
I will never let you go if you promise not to fade away. Never fade away.
Our hopes and expectations blackholes and revelations. Our hopes and expectations. Blackholes and revelations.
Hold you in my arms. I just wanted to hold you in my arms.
Far away this ship has taken me far away. Far away from the memories of the people who care if I live or die.
I will never let you go if you promise not to fade away. Never fade away.
Our hopes and expectations. Blackholes and revelations."
Chris said that song sure has a lot more meaning now. And music has always struck a chord with me. So I cried all the way to the airport. We were early so we pulled into the park and wait and said goodbyes and then we drove to the terminal and said goodbye and I drove home crying. So I went home to an empty house and tried to keep busy for the hour I had until I left for work and so I tried to sing because that usually makes me feel better but when I sing I sing with emotion and so the only emotion that I could sing was sadness so whenever I tried to sing I would burst into tears. So I cleaned our shower and ate some food and then headed off to work. I was fine at work. I went on my break at 1 and Chris called me from the airport. He said that he had to wait there for 3 hours before they could be picked up. One of his comrades had brought his cell phone and he let him call me. He told me that they were on a tiny little C-9 airplane that was shaking all over the place. And he also said they had to confiscate his shaving cream and body wash since he didn't check any luggage and just had a carry on. So that is a bummer. He will just by stuff on the base though. He didn't have a chance to call me back but he'll get one official call home to give someone his address to write. so I am expecting at least one more call. Hopefully I wont be at work when he calls. Occasionally when the MTI thinks they can have some spare time they have the option to make phone calls but of course everyone lines up to use the phone and they don't get much time. But that is if you are lucky. The only free time they really have set apart is to write letters home. He doesn't have access to a computer so there will be no emails until tech school. I am planning on getting him a web cam when I bring him his computer and cellphone when he graduates from basic training the last week of August. So far Wade, Debbie, Jean Marie and I are planning to attend. Hopefully we won't have too many unplanned expenses so I can make it out there. But that's the update as of today. Hopefully I will get a call from him tomorrow with his address.
Oh yeah... I woke uo at 6AM today to Chris' alarm.... I will have to remember to turn that off tonight. Who wants to get up that early? lol. Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment