Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 21: Family Home Evening and a letter home

7/7/09

Meggie,

Unfortunately my ime to write is very limited but I'll write as much as I can. I received a letter from my father and a letter from the church commending me for my decision to join the Military. I will have to limit most of my communication to you and you will have to tell the family and friends.

When the TI hands out mail there is always some ridicule. Some people get 7-10 letters at a time so feel free to write as much as you want. I actually got laughed at for my hair in our wedding photo but I don't care. I am glad you sent it.

I am sorry things aren't running very smoothly but I am happy you are using your resources. I thought I registered Windows! Grrr.... Dan will get you up to date.

I burned 3300 calories in a 15 hour time period yesterday. We spent two hours in 80+ degrees rolling through sand and practicing weapons fighting. There was dirt everywhere. Have I mentioned that it is always hot and we are required to drink 8-12 canteens a day? People pass out everyday.

I have started to settle in. I am becoming more confident and am noticing that I pick up on things faster. A lot of trainees look up to me but I am trying to keep as low as possible. Most of our leaders have been replaced once or twice and I don't want that much pressure while I'm trying to memorize and practice everything. The TI knows my name but I think we are on good ground.

I am on Laundry Crew like everyone said I should do and it sucks... I hate you Justin!

Be strong. I know you can do what is required. You might need help but you can do it. Pull on the strength of our families and the members of the ward. Keep reading your scriptures and apply them. It is so cool to share the gospel here. They actually tell us to live from Sunday to Sunday here.

Got to go... Love you!

Loves!

Christopher W Clark


So I am horrible... I just made it so Chris will get a load of ridicule today. I had the activity for FHE tonight and we wrote Chris letters with all this colored paper and fancy scissors and markers. Lol. I feel bad for him but it is great all the same. He will love them and so will everyone else because they can make fun of him. It will be great! So everyone write him letters!! I want him to break the record for most letters received! I think that would be a great accomplishment for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are such a brave woman!! I don't think I'd handle my husband being far away for very long with hardly any communication. I guess if he had to be though, I'd figure it out. Best wishes to you both and I hope you get to see your sweetie soon.

    ReplyDelete